Like as all lithium batteries, the batteries of v2 cigs have the potential of failing. This usually happens during the charging process, especially if the charging is not done as it should be. This makes it a key requirement that you know exactly what to do for the entire process. Just follow all the rules and instructions so as to maximize the overall battery life.
The battery forms the main body of the V2 e-cig. The 4.2 volt lithium battery has a computer chip integrated into it which manages all the operations of the atomizer cartridge. The tip of the battery has an LED indicator to show when it is charging and when the battery is full. The batteries are of two types, the manual and the automatic switch.
Easy Steps to Charge V2 Cigs
If the V2 Cig is being used for the very first time, it is recommended that you charge the battery to full capacity before anything else. This usually takes 2 to 3 hours. This will help determine the battery life. You should charge it to full capacity on even other occasions but failing to do so will not have such great impact as on the first time.
- Get the USB adapter and screw the battery into it.
- Plug the USB adapter into any USB port such as that of a computer, television or use the USB to Wall adapter that is provided in the packaging.
- Ensure that the LED indicator is glowing red, indicating that the battery is charging.
- Ensure that you are nearby to monitor at all times, just in case something goes wrong.
- When the indicator turns to green or blue, your V2 Cigs will be fully charged. Unplug the USB adapter and unscrew the battery. That’s it. The charge can now last up to a week under normal use. The charging time should not exceed 3 to 4 hours.
How long to charge v2 cig battery?
The V2 cigs usually ship with some charge already in the battery. This means that it will not take as long to charge to capacity. Normally, it takes anywhere between 2 to 3 hours to get a full charge. For the subsequent charges, it will take less than 4 hours to get a full charge.
Things to be consider while charging V2 cigs
Following rules is quite important with all devices that uses electricity, and this goes for the V2 cigs as well. Some of the rules in relation to the V2 e-cigs are:
- Always use V2 chargers to charge the V2 devices: You can prolong longevity and keep your device functioning properly by using only V2 chargers and adapters. Other adapters might fit but have different outputs meaning that your battery might get damaged.
- Don’t leave the e-cig on the charger overnight: Keeping it on the charger for too long will lead to some technical issues and reduce the battery life.
- Keep it out of reach of pets and children: This is just a precaution to ensure their safety.
- Don’t try any modification of the charging system: If the charging device is damaged, simply get a new one.